I just had to add this. But don't read on if poop stories aren't your thing. (Sorry.) We have put Noah on the toilet a couple of times. I promise we aren't trying to be over-achiever parents, we just do it for fun--it's amazing what entertains you as a parent! (But also, I will admit that even the littlest exposure to the big toilet makes the thought of 2 diapered children seem slightly less frightening! Two more months until double diaper duty.) So when we put Noah on the big potty, he does this funny thing: he clenches his teeth and pushes. Yesterday he even squeezed out a little gas, and seemed proud of himself. Today though, he pushed, and when nothing happened, he said: "Stuck!" Good word choice.
Oh and on a related note, Kyle and Noah were home alone together, and Kyle couldn't find where I had stashed the last bag of diapers. He couldn't get me to answer my phone, and so he just let Noah run around the house naked. You can imagine what happened next. Noah came up to Kyle with something brown on his hand, and led Kyle to something brown on the floor. We were just lucky that he is moving past the runny baby poop stage. How funny to be a baby and think it's okay to use the bathroom wherever you are. I'm glad we grow out of that.
Super Simple Easel Activities For PreK
6 days ago
7 comments:
Lucky? How could poop on the floor be lucky? Man, you are a much more optimistic person than I am!
That's funny. I love poop stories. Well, stories that don't involve me.
That is so hilarious! Ty has pooped on the potty twice now, but only because both times he was in the bathtub and he made his "I'm trying to poop" face and so I got him out and stuck him on the toilet. It was quite humorous.
YUCK! glad it was you and not me. Next time tell him to tape some paper towels on Noah! It may not hold pee, but at least it'll hold the poop in! Love you guys...
I trained my two by letting them run around naked. However that means you have to be with (and watching) them constantly. Never did have a poop accident on the floor though. They were both trained by 2. I realize I was lucky.Can't bellieve it's only two more months. You are such a good mom.
Kate you are such a good mom!
Here's a poop story about Kate.
She was maybe 14 mos. old and in the bathtub. My single and happy friend was sitting on the sink top while I gave Kate a bath. Suddenly, Kate stood up, and started pooping. So, without stopping the conversation, I caught the poop in my hand, lifted the toilet lid, flung it in, and started to wipe my hand with a tissue. Then I saw Francine's face (surprised look)."Does this happen often?", she said. She has never married.
I also know why Kate was so happy about this incident with Noah. It happened while she was gone. Props to Kyle for cleaning up the accident.
Post a Comment