Thursday, November 6, 2008

Noah loves That Lady

My mom came to visit from Kentucky last week in honor of Noah's birthday. Even though Noah doesn't get to see her as often as we'd all like, he warmed up to her fast. She showered him with attention and, can you blame him, he loved every minute. She fed him most of his meals, changed diapers (even gross ones), went on a shopping spree, made a Halloween costume, catered a birthday party, and played like there was no tomorrow. In the middle of all that, we spent a lot of time trying to come up with a good grandmotherly name she could go by. Since Noah is the first grandchild of hopefully many to come, what he calls her is setting a precedent for generations. One of our favorite ideas was "that lady". We had so much fun with that lady and we were sad to see her go. Thanks for a good time, Grandma or whatever-your-name-is.



4 comments:

The R.O.C. said...

Your mom's hair is so so cute short like that. Oh and Nick about died when he saw the Elvis outfit. Did I tell you he tried to convince me to have Eliot blessed in an Elvis jumpsuit?

Veronica Ernest said...

Your Mom is a cutie.

Dana Cheryl said...

I am simply devastated that I missed you mom! Dang it!! That's what I get for not checking email, blog, etc... for two weeks. Really I am so sad that I could cry. It's a good thing that I'm headed home to KY in a few weeks or I wouldn't make it. :)

Grammyanne said...

That Lady is the most blessed person in the world. I loved being there with you and your family and friends. And what can I say about Noah? He is the sweetest and best boy in the world....
(Special note to Dana - please call us in KY - we miss you!)