Sunday, February 6, 2011

love month activities on the cheap

My friend Kim and I gave a short Relief Society workshop on budget-friendly ways to celebrate Valentine's Day. I had the best time brainstorming ideas and searching online for good Valentine's ideas. The best and easiest I found: roses made from egg cartons. Here is a link. They are so simple and if you do them just right, they look identical to dried roses! The Relief Society sisters were very impressed, mostly because they were made from garbage. I wanted to make a wreath out of them, but I already had an awesome wreath that my sister and I made last month (similar to elisa burke's) Here's a picture:

Lauren, that is dedicated to you. Thanks for the good wreath making times.

We're getting the boys in the valentine's mood too. I wrote scriptures about love on cardstock hearts. The boys pick out a couple every day, we read them and then hang them on the wall next to a picture of Jesus. The other day Noah said, "Mom, I have a new scripture that I want to tell you." He proceeded to dictate this "scripture" to me: "If you're big, you've gotta be happy. Don't cry. Don't get mad. Be happy. And be nice to your brother named Jake. This is for Noah and Jake. I'm happy that I said that Jesus could come to Noah's house."
Very inspiring scripture, don't you think?

And all you people on a budget, remember this oscar wilde quote: "who being loved, is poor?"

1 comment:

Rebecca Greff said...

That is a very inspiring scripture. ;)