Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Little Wisemen

Watch this sweet video.


Now, here is a story about my little wisemen. Noah today said: "Mom, I have a great idea! A new game we could play!" I said, "Oh, really? What's that?" He said: "You be Mary, I be Joseph, and Jake be Baby Jesus." So I got a towel for my head, and Noah pretended to carry a staff while he led my stick-horse donkey to Bethlehem. Jake was waiting for us by the Christmas tree. I wrapped up Jake and held him on my lap, as Jake smiled at his new role. Noah wanted to hold him too. I commented on the imaginary sheep and donkey in our stable. Noah told me about the other creatures I neglected to mention: giraffes, chickens, and dinosaurs. Then Noah changed characters. He said: "Ok, now I'll be....the.....hm.....who's that guy who brought the presents?" "You mean the wisemen?" He said, "Yeah. Right. The wisemen." So then he so quietly left the room and came back with a handful of toys. He gave them to Jake and I, and kissed the baby Jesus. I thanked him and then Noah held up his index finger, motioning me to wait patiently, and--I have never seen him this intentionally reverent--whispered something and hurried out of the room. He came back with more presents, and he repeated this 10 times. Each time, he held up his little finger in the same way and quietly came back with more gifts for the Baby Jesus. That little wiseman sure does love Jesus! And I love my boys that help me understand why Jesus wants us to be more childlike.

5 comments:

daniellejackson said...

So so sweet! Thanks for sharing!

Christian Pieper said...

That is too cute. Thanks for teaching my nephews about Jesus!

Ella said...

So glad you're back among the living blogs again. That is so sweet about your little wiseman. Your boys are destined to be great!

Grammyanne said...

I will be sending this sweet story to all my friends. This is all I need for Christmas! All our love to the little wisemen and their mom and dad...

Brittany Crane said...

That is the cutest! You have such awesome boys! Kids are the best to remind us what's most important in life.